WHEN TO TEST
Testing for lead in paint, water & soil is important:
- If you rent or own a house or apartment built before1978
- If you are buying, selling, or renting a condominium, co-op or home built before 1978
- Before beginning any renovation
- Before disturbing more than two square feet of painted surface
- Before beginning any demolition project on a property built before 1978
A word of caution: Removing or disturbing lead-painted surfaces improperly can increase the hazard to your family, because lead dust can be spread around the house. Use only contractors and professionals certified in lead-safe work practices, who follow strict safety rules when working with lead.
Call us at 1-800-392-6468 to schedule a comprehensive lead inspection.