Juries have awarded millions of dollars to victims who claim they were sickened by exposure to toxic mold. The number of lawsuits is growing and mold is quickly becoming the next asbestos in commercial real estate liability. Protect yourself and your business by allowing RTK to inspect and test your commercial property for mold.
Most lawsuits allege that mold problems could have been avoided, so commercial real estate owners need to show due diligence by investigating any suspected mold problem. We can document your due diligence in investigating mold issues, and determine whether they exist at all. We also can provide expert witness testimony. Put our experience in testing for mold to work for you.
When to test for mold:
- If your commercial residence or building has had a flood, leak or sewage back-up
- If your building has a roof leak, damp areas, or HVAC problems including inadequate ventilation or lack of make-up air
- If you see visible mold on ceilings, walls, floors, or equipment
- If you are experiencing foul or musty odors as a result of a process, renovation, or change in the building layout
- If your tenants or employees are experiencing allergy-like symptoms, congestion, eye irritation, or general malaise
- If you are purchasing, renting, or leasing a commercial property
- If you are planning to sell, renovate, or expand your commercial property
Call us at 1-800-392-6468 to schedule a consultation with one of our certified mold inspectors.
- Read More in our mold primer
- Find out when to test
- Learn about the RTK approach to mold testing and abatement planning